27 April 2012

X is for Xenium

I know I am not the only one who has felt obligated to give a gift rather than really wanting to give the gift.

Xenium is a compulsory gift.

I offer xenium drinks and snacks to guests of my home.  I still give xenium for weddings and baby showers of people that I know, but who are not my besties.  But, I have stopped doing gifts for anyone besides immediate family and real close friends for the winter holidays and for birthdays.

This saves money, time, and shopping.  Instead, I like to invest my time, and good conversation, and a showing of love.

I hope these actions are not seen as xenium since I do them out of love and appreciation for the people.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for teaching me some new words this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading!! Consider the new words a non-xenium gift for you! ;-)

      Delete
  2. Ha! I love this word, although I'm not fond of the concept. I prefer to give gifts when I want to give them, not necessarily when they're expected.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it! I think I have now adopted your preference. I can't remember the last time I gave a xenium. I am all about giving when I want and not when it is supposed to be given.

      Delete

I share my thoughts and would love to read your thoughts, too.