01 January 2010

My only look back... I'm moving forward

Happy New Year to all and I hope it is infinitely better than 2009!


1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before?
Spoke my mind more and put my foot down more with various people

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?

I didn't make any last year, but I have some for this year.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
No.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
No.



5. What places did you visit?
Little towns in MO, and Houston, TX -- didn't travel enough.


6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?

More money

7. What dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
January 20 -- Inauguration Day.  Pretty memorable for various reasons - one being that I voted for someone and they actually won for the first time in my voting career


8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Can't really think of anything (that may be one goal for this year) -- I did post each day in November which was a big thing for me


9. What was your biggest failure?
Not communicating enough with friends and family

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Got my first sinus infection.  Regular
back issues


11. What was the best thing you bought?
New pair of really cute boots. More practically, a 
basement draining system.


12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Anyone who was selfless

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Politicians of various local and national levels; former coaching colleague

14. Where did most of your money go?
Food, bills, gas


15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Seeing and being around friends and family.


16. What song will always remind you of 2009?

Knock You Down -- Keri Hilson; not a favorite, but I do love "now I'm mad real mad Joe Jackson"

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder?
same.
b) thinner or fatter?
a little bigger - though not much
c) richer or poorer?
a little more money - but not enough to make a big difference yet


18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Hanging out with friends and communicating better



19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Wasting time on needless
games/
social networking agents

2
0. How did you spend Christmas?
With family and friends


21. Did you fall in love in 2009?
Only more with my man


22. What was your favorite TV program?
Lost, Curb Your Enthusiasm, 1000 Ways to Die, Project Runway (though not nearly as good as in the past)

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
I don't hate... I appreciate (even the people I don't like teach me and help me grow)


24. What was the best book you read?

Didn't really get to read any new books, though I did get through Easier Said Than Done written by an old friend and The Slide
written by a high school classmate

25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Finding out Sade and Corinne Bailey Rae were coming out with new CDs


26. What did you want and get?

A blender

27. What did you want and not get?
A lottery win


28. What was your favorite film of this year?

Nine Queens (Nueve Reinas)

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Hung out with friends and family.  Stopped adding when I turned 21.


30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Way more money and way more time and good times with friends

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
More put together, though still needing improvement


32. What kept you sane?

My man, my chiropractor, not reading the news regularly

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Don't care that much about any of them - if I have to choose one, then
Amy Goodman


34. What political issue stirred you the most?
Inauguration, gay marriage, health care, war, Blackwater, climate issues, economic crisis, coup in Honduras, Nigerian trying to bomb plane

35. Who did you miss?
Various friends I haven't seen in a while; family overseas I haven't seen in forever


36. Who was the best new person you met?

Didn't meet to many new people (shame) but I am liking my new assistant coach

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009.

I need to be more communicative and try to foresee the consequences (good or bad) of my actions; I need to figure out what I really want in life.  I was at a conference and heard an acronym that I am digging -- PUSH -- persist until something happens

38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.

Just get back up when it knocks you down. (See #16)

I borrowed this idea from Chase After the Wind blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I share my thoughts and would love to read your thoughts, too.