13 November 2009

Eating food in order to save money

I have been working about a month now to really eat everything in my house. There are so many times in the past when I would say there is nothing to eat and there was really something there that could be eaten. I have now cleared out even my stash of Ramen noodles. I have finished every Chinese take-out red pepper container. I have eaten every last thing of string cheese. I have even finished off all of my vitamins.

Now I will start fresh on food.

I am going to work on buying things that I really need and that I will really actually eat. I don't want my house to be a food pantry, and I don't want to waste money on food that I am not going to eat before the expiration date.

We'll see how this works out.

2 comments:

  1. When all my kids were still living at home, I'd spend a ton on food even though there was still plenty in the pantry. I often wondered how long we could live on our stash if we HAD to. It would have required real sacrifices--Son #2 hated beans and Son #1 didn't particularly care for peanut butter.

    Now they're gone and I don't have to take their tastes into account. I can buy whatever Hubby and I want!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's definitely a lot easier with less people in the house.

    ReplyDelete

I share my thoughts and would love to read your thoughts, too.