09 May 2009

Cover your mouth up like you got SARS

The pig flu has arrived in the area. I had heard of a case in the state, but now there is a confirmed case in the school where I work.

Fortunately I take precautions to make sure the kids who come into my classroom don't get me sick -- hand sanitizer in the largest jug possible on the table by the door, tissues that are super thick so the snot does not get on hands, Lysol wipes so that I can clean off the door knobs and anything else that I may touch.

But I am going to go a step further and wear a mask on Monday.

Not really, but I think that would be hilarious.

One thing I have noticed is that the kids don't remember SARS. I quoted Kanye and told a few kids to "cover your mouth up like you got SARS." And they had no idea what I was talking about. They are freshmen, so I guess when the song came out, they were too young to understand it. And I guess they don't remember the incredible fear that spread through the world when that disease was rampant.

I have already passed on the message to my family members as to what they can do if I pass. They all know that I love them and am happy that I am related to, and knew them.

Everyone can look back to my online will (I don't believe anything has changed since then) and see how to distribute my belongings.

Until next time, I will be stocking up on vitamin C, echinacea, zinc, and any other immune system boosters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I share my thoughts and would love to read your thoughts, too.